Pune, January 19, 2019: It was a glittering event that witnessed the who’s who of Pune honouring and being honoured at the ‘Legacies: The Changemakers – Inspiring the Future 2019’, sponsored by Vascon Engineers Ltd. at the Windermere poolside, Pune.
‘Legacies: The Changemakers’ curated by Withanelle Incorporated, organized by Secure Giving in aid of Concern India Foundation, co-sponsored by Sula Wines, Oxyrich, Inspirations PR and Vivanta by Taj is established to recognise men and women from across the cities of Pune, Nagpur, Aurangabad and Nasik who have contributed immensely in their respective fields.
The dignitaries hailed from diverse fields of sports and arts, literature and fashion, medicine and hospitality. Honouring them were the doyen of Vascon, Mr. R. Vasudevan, national award-winning actor Ajinkya Deo and other prominent presenters.
Musical genius Milind Date, one of the finest flautists in the world regaled the guests with a fusion set from an extensive repertoire of his musical treasure.
Following which, 16 luminaries were felicitated with a plaque that acknowledged their genius, talent, hard work and dedication, recording their achievements for posterity:
- Industrialist and Chairman of the Malhotra Weikfield Foundation, Bahri Malhotra
- The father of Indian bodybuilding, Madhukar Talwalkar
- Sultan of Style and the force behind More Mischief, Late Deepak Shah
- Driving force behind Prashanti Cancer Care Mission, Laleh Busheri
- Dr. Sandip Soparrkar, India’s premier Latin American ballroom dancer
- Restaurateur and Philanthropist, Praful Chandawarkar (Award accepted on behalf of Praful Chandawarkar)
- Glass and mirror artist, Rusi Rutnagar
- Adventure sports enthusiasts and paragliders, Avi Malik and Anita Deshpande
- Former Grasim Mr. India, model, actor and philanthropist, Raqesh Bapat
- Sheetal Bapat, Bharat Desadla and Sandeep Mahajan, co-founders of the initiative Shyamchi Aai
- Leading cardiovascular surgeon, Dr. Manoj Durairaj
- Entrepreneur, Social Worker, Art Connoisseur, Parul Mehta
- Sunder Iyer, the youngest Secretary of Maharashtra State Lawn Tennis Association
- Fashion photographers-turned-filmmakers, Bunty & Prashant (Award accepted on Behalf of Bunty & Prashant)
- Educationist and Founder of the Academy of Learning and Development, Arti Deo
- Dr. Manju Hundekar, Principal, The School of Fashion Technology (SOFT).